- Obtain a bottle of regular chlorine bleach.
- Double-check that the washing machine is empty (you don’t want to accidently bleach any clothing).
- Measure out and pour ¾ cups of chlorine bleach into the drum of your washer (use 1 cup if your washer is high capacity).
- Close the door and verify that it is locked.
- Select the Maintenance or Clean Washer cycle if that option is available. Select Cotton or Whites if your washer doesn’t have a Maintenance or Clean cycle.
- Run the washer on the Hot/Full cycle. This prolonged exposure to the chlorine bleach will begin the sanitization process.
- When the cycle is complete, leave the washer door open overnight to allow odors and residual chlorine to dissipate out of the drum.
WARNING: DO NOT ALLOW YOUNG CHILDREN OR PETS TO ATTEMPT TO CRAWL INTO THE DRUM WHILE THE DOOR IS OPEN
If you have a water damage problem with your washing machine; the door seal goes bad or a water hose bursts, Dragon Restoration is only a phone call away. We have more than 35 years of water damage experience and we offer a NO COST - NO OBLIGATION inspection.
Call us at (937) 371-3416
BEFORE IT GETS WORSE!