How To Decrease Mold Exposure
On hard surfaces, mold can be removed with an antimicrobial soap and water, apple cider or regular vinegar, baking soda, or even ammonia. DO NOT use bleach! Bleach does nothing to “kill” or neutralize mold or mold spores. The spores will end up being spread into the air, further worsening your home’s environment.
1. Open windows and doors to provide fresh air.
2. Wear non-porous gloves, a N95 rated mask or respirator, and protective eyewear.
3. If more that 10 square feet is affected, you should hire a professional remediation expert.
If You Already Have Been Exposed and Are Sick
1. Most importantly eradicate the source. Have of the mold removed by a remediation specialist like Dragon Restoration. We have been successfully removing mold from residential and commercial businesses for more than 16 years.
2. Relocate – temporarily at least, vacate the area until the mold can be removed and the area properly cleaned. Continual exposure will only make you sicker than you already are.
My 2 1/2 yr. old son developed a rash, located around his lung area, one month after moving. He was diagnosed as having an allergic reaction. Shortly after, mold was discovered in our basement. Dragon removed the mold & cleaned the area. In less than 2 weeks my son’s rash completely disappeared & has not returned. - Ann, Yellow Springs