Or use this product. It kills 82% of mold species. Just spray it full strength and leave it sit for an hour and then wipe it away. The article said to not worry about the smell left behind by the suggested product. It will dissipate within a few hours. But wait a minute, what if the mold you are trying to kill is part of 18% that is resistant to the suggested product?
The third method the article mentioned required mixing a product with water, spraying the mold, then using a sponge or scrub brush “to remove all the mold from the surface”. Oh yeah, then you needed to rinse the area with water and then repeat the whole process. What about the mold’s roots? Most roots are usually not located on the surface of anything.
The article finished by saying that these non-toxic alternatives were great because they were safe to use, safe for the environment, inexpensive and easy to purchase at the grocery store. The last time I asked where the mold cleaner aisle was at my local grocery store, they looked at me like I was crazy!
This article pretty much sums up why mold remediation should be left to certified mold remediation professionals, and not to your maid service. Two of their suggested “methods” involved adding water in attempting to clean/kill mold. Too much water caused the problem in the first place. Why would you want to add more water? Do you attempt to kill your plants by adding water?
The other issue I have with these “maids” is the fact that they want to kill the mold. Mold doesn’t need to be killed, it needs to be removed! When mold battles for its life (as will most all living things) it releases health-threatening mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are why mold is dangerous in the first place.