When deciding to hire a restoration company or reconstruction contractor, you will be faced with one of two choices. Either hire a local reputable company, based upon references, or hire a vendor that is part of your insurance company’s Vendor Program.
You, the insured, has the right to choose whomever you want to perform both the emergency restoration services and the reconstruction contractor. You are not under any obligation to use the company that your insurance company or adjuster recommends. It is you that has to sign a work authorization or contract for the services. You have the obligation to pay for the work performed.
What Is A Vendor Program
1. The restorer must meet the minimum criteria set by the insurer in order to participate.
2. The insured is not obligated to use the preferred vendor.
3. The restorer has to meet reporting criteria to the insurer.
4. The time spent on each claim must be reduced (a.k.a. reduced costs to the insurer).
The restorer will enter into a contract with you, but it's contractual obligation is to the insurance company. Therefore, control is passed from you to the insurance company. The restorer has a greater responsibility to the insurance company than they do to you.
However, if quality comes into question and you complain to the insurance company, they will expect you to deal with the restorer, after all YOU HIRED THEM, WE JUST TOLD YOU ABOUT THEM.
Third Party Administrator Programs
Independent Restoration Companies
1. Be a legally organized business entity
2. Have a current business license
3. Have the appropriate contractor’s license(s)
4. Have technicians with appropriate industry certifications
5. Be adequately insured for the services offered
At Dragon Restoration, we are licensed, bonded, and insured. We always have the homeowner's best interest at heart and refuse to scrimp on quality or cut corners. And with more than 35 years of experience in disaster restoration, chances are someone you know, someone you trust, or even a family member, has used our services in the past. If not, we can certainly provide you with referrals from satisfied customers, both commercial and residential, whom we have helped.