1. Wear respiratory protection.
2. Wear protective clothing that can be laundered or discarded after completion.
3. Wear gloves and eye protection.
4. Establish a safe containment zone around the work area.
Mold sensitivities can result in the following:
1. Allergic illness – about 10% of people in the U.S. are susceptible to allergies.
2. Asthma – one in 12 adults and one in 11 children suffer from asthma.
3. Respiratory infection – although these infections may not be a severe risk for healthy people, they can be dangerous for individuals with weakened immune systems.
4. Toxic effects – certain molds, when inhaled, can result in poisoning by toxins
We know that most molds can present significant health risks. Before undertaking a mold removal do-it-yourself project, consider the dangers you and other occupants may be exposed to. Know your own limitations and seek professional help.
BEFORE IT GETS WORSE!