Why Is Water So Important To Our Bodies?
- 70% of the human body is water
- Human brain cells contain about 85% water
- 75% of every muscle is water
- Bones contain about 25% water
- 82% of blood consists of water
Your body needs 7 to 8 glasses of water minimum daily to help flush toxins out of your system. Drinking water at specific times maximizes its effectiveness on the body. So the question is, when are the best times to drink water?
1. Drink two glasses of water in the morning after waking up. This will help to activate and purify your internal system. It will also increase the rate of new muscle and blood cell production, balance your lymph system, and boost metabolism by about 24%.
2. Drink one glass of water 30 minutes before every meal. Doing so will help the stomach with digestion. Digestion cannot take place without adequate water. Drinking a glass of water before meals helps prepare the stomach for digestion as well as helping to protect the stomach from the acids produced to digest foods.
3. Drink one glass of water before bathing. Drinking water helps maintain blood pressures at lower levels. Although exposure to hot or warm water is known to reduce blood pressure, this only occurs after a passage of time. At first, entering hot or warm water raises blood pressure. Drinking a glass of water before bathing aids the body in controlling the spike in blood pressure upon first entering the bath.
4. Drink one glass of cold water before going to bed. This helps your body replenish the fluids it loses throughout the day ‘s activities. Other benefits include burning calories (your body burns calories warming the water to body-temperature), aids in cleansing toxins from your body, helps prevent nighttime muscle cramping, and helps prevent strokes and heart attacks.