Dust-mite removal tips for consumers include:
| || |
1. FREQUENTLY REMOVE DIRT FROM VACUUM BAGS. One of the best ways to remove dust mites is to empty vacuum bags more frequently – when dust levels are 1/3rd to ½ full.
2. DUST AND DUST MOP REGULARLY. Microfiber has been found to be very effective at attracting and removing dust.
3. INCREASE CARPET CLEANING FREQUENCIES AND VACUUM WITH A HEPA-FILTER BAG ON A REGULAR BASIS. Have carpets deep cleaned at least once a year and more often in high-traffic areas.
4. LIMIT MOLD GROWTH. Increased cleaning frequencies will also help limit mold growth. Mold produces the same allergens that impacts asthma sufferers.
5. FOCUS ON OVERLOOKED AREAS WHERE PEOPLE SPEND TIME. For example, in home offices, chairs are often overlooked, but these can become a breeding ground for dust mites.