You’ve had a bad week. The air conditioner in your car quit working for your one-hour drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Your child brought home a bad report card. The dog had to go to the vet. You arrived home yesterday to find the washer hose had broken sometime while you were at work and flooded your finished lower level. Your stress meter just jumped off the chart. What do you do to bring down the stress level?
Here’s what the experts suggest:
2. Eat right. Skip the vending machine and the fast food drive-thru. Fruits and vegetables are good choices and fish with high levels of omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce stress. Avoid eating heavy meals late in the day.
3. Laugh it up! Watch a funny movie or listen to a comedy CD. Laughter releases endorphins that improve mood and decrease stress-causing hormones.
4. Try drinking green tea instead of coffee or an energy drink. Caffeine causes a short-term spike in blood pressure. Tea has half the caffeine and contains healthy antioxidants.
5. Exercise, even for only one minute. Simply standing up to stretch or taking a short walk can offer immediate relief. The endorphins your body releases can work almost instantaneously.
6. Lastly, get better sleep. Draw the shades, keep the room dark, and most importantly turn off the TV and get to sleep earlier than you normally would. Try to get at least seven to eight hours each night. More and better sleep is the most effective stress buster.
Many, many health issues can be traced back to stress. If you’re stressed out about a water-damage related problem, call Dragon Restoration. We have been helping property owners lower their stress levels since 1999. Call us today at (937) 371-3416 and when we do work in your home or business, we’ll provide you with two free movie tickets so that you will be able to get away for a night and relief some stress while your house is being taken care of by us:
"The Leader In Structural Drying”