2. Is it safe for you or other family members to enter the building? Health conditions can vary widely from person to person. The appropriate protective equipment should be worn for anyone entering areas that have been affected by raw sewage.
3. Turn off electrical power to the area. There is a chance that electrical appliances, extension cords, fixtures or other electrical wiring could be affected and present a shock hazard.
4. Anything that has come into contact with the sewage is potentially damaged and contaminated.
5. Children and pets should be kept away from the immediate area. This sounds like common sense but I have witness bare-footed children wading around in sewage at a loss site.
6. Do NOT move contaminated contents into a clean area inside the building. You are just spreading the contamination.
Call Dragon Restoration immediately if sewage enters your home. For more than 20 years we have been cleaning and restoring homes after a sewage type loss. Contact us 24/7 at (937) 428-2626.