Everyone wants the safest, healthiest home environment for their families. You would do anything to protect your loved ones from exposure to any substance that could cause them harm.
One of those feared substances is “mold” and with what you have seen in the news in recent years, exposure to harmful, “toxic”, or black mold has affected the health of countless people — folks just like you.
This brings up the all-important question:
Just exactly how dangerous is mold in homes?
When you step outside, you are surrounded by mold. There’s nothing you can do about that. The main concern is usually what’s in the home, not outside, although if you are sensitive to mold you should avoid all damp areas that could promote mold growth, inside and out.
Many people are affected by even the smallest amounts of mold. They may have nasal issues, watery eyes, coughing and other physical reactions. A smaller segment of the population are very sensitive to exposure to mold, having severe reactions that can be life threatening. Others aren’t affected at all, and can be around and/or exposed to all types of molds with no apparent sensitivities.
The Center for Disease Control has plenty of information for those concerned with mold in homes. One of the issues they raise is keeping moisture out of homes. “Mold will grow in places with a larger than normal amount of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes, or where there has been flooding,” according to the CDC government website.
The issue is two-fold if mold is growing in your home. You must clean it up or have it cleaned up, and you must fix the moisture problem. You can do your research on how to fix the problem, but the best solution is, no doubt, getting expert advice from your professional water damage restoration contractor or mold removal or remediation company. Keep your family safe. Call the experts, Dragon Restoration, at (937) 428-2626.