A common practice and misconception is that cleaning mold with chlorine bleach is a good idea and will get rid of your problem.
Bleach (Sodium Hypochlorite) is an extremely efficient chemical at killing bacteria, not mold. Many people swear by it and refuse to use anything else when it comes to cleaning. It is no surprise that these same people would turn to their beloved cleaner (not killer) in hopes it will take care of their mold problem.
Another problem that bleach can cause is the possible destructiveness it presents to not only the surface you are putting it on, but also the person using it as a cleaning product. Anyone who has used bleach before can attest to its extremely pungent odor. The vapors it releases can be very harsh and irritating on the user’s skin, eyes, and lungs; not to mention damage to clothing and/or carpet.
Call Dragon Restoration at (937) 428-2626. We will help you develop a safe and effective action plan for getting the mold removed safely.